Office of International Services
The Lebanese American University is an official member of several prestigious higher education international networks — among them the Institute of International Education (IIE), the European Association for International Education (EAIE), and the National Association of Foreign Student Advisors (NAFSA) — which link LAU to over a thousand universities worldwide. The Office of International Services (OIS), which operates under the auspices of Student Development and Enrollment Management (SDEM), aims at facilitating and supporting international programs with prestigious accredited universities in different regions of the world. To this end, the OIS:
- initiates communication with international universities and directs their proposals to the concerned school/department,
- works closely with faculty on developing and running student exchange programs,
- promotes international opportunities to LAU students, including exchanges, study abroad, faculty led programs, summer programs, Erasmus grants, and LAU NY offerings,
- advises students on study abroad opportunities available at LAU that match their qualifications, and
- supports incoming and outgoing students through their study abroad experience by administering orientation programs and providing professional advising on related matters, i.e. visa procedures, housing, registration and transfer of credits processes.
Through the university’s agreements with more than 40 institutions worldwide in the United States, Europe, Russia, Canada, Australia, and Asia, LAU students get the chance to study at very prestigious universities like Sciences Po in France, the University of California - Berkeley in the USA, the University of Ottawa in Canada, and many more, while completing their studies at LAU. Every year, more than 100 LAU students go abroad on such lifetime opportunities.