Clinical Simulation Center
The Clinical Simulation Center (LAU-CSC), inaugurated in August 2013 and located in the Chagoury Health Sciences Center in Byblos, is a state-of-the-art innovative center in line with the university’s health sciences schools’ vision of developing a curriculum modeled after the highest quality standards of international medical education. It remains the largest clinical simulation center in Lebanon.
The center is designed to support interdisciplinary education at LAU, where students from the Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, the Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing, and School of Pharmacy come together to exchange and learn about and from each other. These schools are among the first national and regional health sciences schools to integrate into their curricula simulation technology which has become the international standard for medical education, surgical training and professional development. LAU-CSC also serves the needs of the Lebanese American University Medical Center-Rizk Hospital (LAU Medical Center-RH) and acts as a resource for the larger health care community.
The LAU-CSC is certified by the American Heart Association International Training Center.
The principal aims of LAU-CSC are to:
- provide learners with opportunities to develop clinical competencies and confidence in a safe setting,
- provide a setting in which learners may engage in inter-professional experiences that foster teamwork and collaboration, and
- serve as a venue for conducting research that will advance health care and health science education.
LAU-CSC will be recognized as a regionally prominent, accredited, interdisciplinary center that provides high-quality simulation education with the aims of promoting safe and effective patient care and advancing science.
Faculty and Staff
- Vanda Abi Raad, M.D., M.H.P.E., Director
- Nadia Asmar, M.D., Associate Director
- Nelly Chammas, R.N., D.H.Q.M., M.B.A., Senior Coordinator
- Rudy Bahri, RN, M.B.A., Coordinator
- Rana Akiki, R.N., M.P.H., Simulation Coordinator and Research Assistant
- Emeric Wehbeh, Senior IT Support
- Telephone: +961-9-547-254, ext. 2936
- Hours of operation: Weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Chagoury Health Sciences Center, 4300, 4th floor, Byblos Campus
- E-mail: email@example.com