The Lebanese American University is committed to academic excellence, student centeredness, civic engagement, the advancement of scholarship, the education of the whole person, and the formation of leaders in a diverse world.
The Lebanese American University endeavors to act in a manner that is guided by a set of core values and a deep-rooted sense of shared ethical values and aspirations that define its character and culture. Building on this foundation, LAU:
- draws its fundamental inspiration from the devotion of its Presbyterian Founders to always seek the truth, respect human dignity, promote gender equality, and be inclusive,
- provides educational opportunities as one university with multiple campuses, each with distinctive strengths and attributes,
- commits to academic and service excellence,
- demonstrates dignity and respect for and from the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and students in word and in deed,
- celebrates the accomplishments and contributions of all members of the LAU community,
- succeeds because its people take pride of ownership and are held accountable for their actions,
- works together as an extended family community that reflects the highest ethical and moral standards,
- enables individuals to find their own spiritual and personal fulfillment while remaining ever sensitive to the changing world they live in, and
- promotes social connectedness of the students to the country of Lebanon and encourages their commitment to social justice and democracy.
Driven by its mission and values, the vision for LAU will be carried out through:
- providing access to a superior education for diverse undergraduate and graduate students and lifelong learners,
- attracting and retaining distinguished faculty who excel in teaching, research, and community service,
- enrolling and retaining academically qualified and diverse students,
- embracing liberal arts in all curricula,
- creating opportunities for rigorous research and the dissemination of knowledge,
- developing a close-knit community that excels academically, is intellectually stimulating, and is religiously, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse, and
- attracting and retaining highly-qualified staff committed to excellence in service.