Admission to graduate programs at LAU is selectively granted to students who hold bachelor’s degrees from recognized colleges or universities and demonstrate distinct academic ability and motivation. Admission to a program rests on meeting the minimum requirements and availability of capacity.
The information, procedures and criteria for admission found herein are valid for the academic year 2020–2021 as of the date of publication, but remain subject to change.
General Admission Requirements
Applicants to any graduate degree program must submit the following documents:
- A graduate application form, available online at: https://online.lau.edu.lb
- One recent passport-size photo.
- A photocopy of identity card or passport, same as the nationality to be used during registration.
- Certified copies of all educational and professional certificates, diplomas and degrees earned.
- Official transcript(s) of grades from all colleges or universities attended. Failure to declare enrollment at other institutions could result in invalidation of admission, and any credits or degrees earned.
- Two academic or professional recommendation letters for applicants applying to the Global MBA program.
- Official scores of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for Global M.B.A. applicants if needed.
- The W-9S Form is to be completed and submitted by all U.S. citizens or U.S. Green Card holders (permanent residents). The W-9S form may be downloaded from www.irs.gov .
All submitted documents become property of LAU and will not be returned.
Some applicants may be interviewed by the Graduate Admissions Council.
English Proficiency Requirements
English is the official language of instruction at LAU therefore graduates from universities where the language of instruction is not English must submit proof of English proficiency by taking one of the below:
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL (IBT): 80
- Duolingo English Test: 105
Graduates from universities where the language of instruction is English are not required to submit proof of English language proficiency. However, an interview may be required.
Validity of Acceptance for Admission
An offer of admission to an applicant is valid only for one term. If applicants accepted for a specific term do not register and wish to defer their admission, they must contact their Student Recruitment Coordinator.