The Minor in Digital Media is open to students in the Bachelor of Architecture program, supplementing their skills in computer-aided design programs and providing exposure to programming, animation, digital modeling and digital media in design.
Note: Enrollment in this program will no longer be open to students starting Fall 2018.
The objective of the Minor in Digital Media is to prepare students to lead in the development and application of information technology tools for a wide range of uses in design.
Upon completion of the Minor in Digital Media, students should be able to:
- use the computer to produce elaborate print and screen presentations for the design profession,
- use computers to generate a complete set of working drawings for construction,
- develop 3D computer-generated models and animation for the design profession, and
- use specific software as a means to architectural design problem-solving.
A total of 20 credits are required to complete the Minor in Digital Media, distributed as follows:
- Required Courses (11 credits)
- Elective Courses (9 credits)
Required Courses (11 credits)
- ARC351/ Computer Graphics I (2 cr.)
- ARC352/ Computer Graphics II (2 cr.)
- ARC551 Computer Graphics Studio (4 cr.)
- GRA301 Intermediate Computer Graphics (3 cr.)
Elective Courses (9 credits)
Choose two courses (6 cr.) from:
Choose one course (3 cr.) from:
- GRA302 Advanced Computer Graphics (3 cr.)
- GRA484 Web Design (3 cr.)
- GRA487 3D Animation Techniques (3 cr.)