The Foundation program offers a comprehensive introduction to design, providing a broad outlook into design as a creative activity neither limited nor separated by disciplinary boundaries. This program is largely common to all majors, with minor variations in the Spring semester, that are geared towards effecting a smooth transition towards the desired majors.
In the Spring semester, students in Fine Arts, Graphic Design and Fashion Design are required to take the Visual Dynamics studio, while students in Architecture and Interior Design take the Formal Tectonics studio, in parallel with specific support courses.
The Foundation program consists of 25 course credits. This program should be completed in the first year of enrollment.
- Foundation Year for Architecture & Interior Design
- Foundation Year for Graphic Design, Fashion Design, & Fine Arts
Faculty and Staff
For more information, visit the list of full- and part-time faculty and staff found on the SArD website.
- Phone number: Extension 1392
- Address: Safadi Fine Arts Building 110 A
- Phone number: Extension 2474
- Address: Architecture Building 502 B