Clinical Simulation Center
The Clinical Simulation Center (LAU-CSC), inaugurated in August 2013 and located in the Chagoury Health Sciences Center in Byblos, is a state-of-the-art innovative center in line with the university’s health sciences schools’ vision of developing a curriculum modeled after the highest quality standards of international medical education. It remains the largest clinical simulation center in Lebanon.
The center is designed to support interdisciplinary education at LAU, where students from the Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, the Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing, and School of Pharmacy come together to exchange and learn about and from each other. These schools are among the first national and regional health sciences schools to integrate into their curricula simulation technology, which has become the international standard for medical education, surgical training and professional development. LAU-CSC also serves the needs of the Lebanese American University Medical Center-Rizk Hospital (LAU Medical Center-RH) and the Lebanese American University Medical Center-Saint John Hospital (LAU Medical Center-SJH) and acts as a resource for the larger health care community.
The LAU-CSC is accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) since 2018. This reflects the Center’s ability to provide simulation-based education activities that model the highest administrative, educational, and ethical standards. In addition, the CSC is certified by the American Heart Association (AHA) since 2014 as International Training Center for all AHA disciplines. The CSC is also certified by the American Academy of Pediatrics for the Neonatal Resuscitation Program. Furthermore, the CSC delivers various outreach programs for national and regional participants.
LAU CSC Mission
To enhance patient safety, promote interprofessional collaboration and develop research through excellence in simulation-based education.
LAU CSC Vision
To be recognized as a regionally prominent, accredited, interdisciplinary center that provides high-quality simulation education with the aims of promoting patient safety and effective patient care and advancing science through research.
LAU CSC Goals
- Provide learners with opportunities to develop clinical competencies and confidence in a safe setting.
- Provide a setting in which learners engage in interprofessional experiences that foster teamwork and collaboration with the aims of promoting safe and effective patient care.
- Serve as a venue to conduct research that will advance health care and health science education.
- Serve as a resource for the larger healthcare community to promote patient safety and quality in healthcare.
Faculty and Staff
- Vanda Abi Raad, M.D., M.H.P.E., Director
- Nadia Asmar, M.D., M.H.P.E., Associate Director
- Nelly Chammas, R.N., D.H.Q.M., M.B.A., Senior Supervisor
- Rudy Bahri, RN, M.B.A., Lead Supervisor
- Telephone: +961-9-547-254, ext. 2936
- Hours of operation: Weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Chagoury Health Sciences Center, 4300, 4th floor, Byblos Campus
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org