The LAU Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine looks for students who demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to the values of the profession of medicine and to the values of the school that transpire in its Mission.
For the class starting Med I in August 2020, graduation with an M.D. is expected in 2024.
Admission to the LAU School of Medicine is based on a composite evaluation of the following:
- Competitive overall grade average / GPA score on graduation with a bachelor’s degree,
- Competitive grade average / GPA score on the Core Courses,
- Competitive scores on the MCAT examination (The MCAT may be taken twice only; the highest grades will be considered), and
- Performance on the admission interview: Students with satisfactory Academic Achievements and MCAT scores will be selected for an interview.
Required Core Courses:
- BIO201 General Biology I (4 cr.)
- BIO202 General Biology II (4 cr.)
- CHM201 Chemical Principles (3 cr.)
- BIO321 Genetics (3 cr.)
- BCH301 Biochemistry (4 cr.)
- CHM311 Organic Chemistry I (3 cr.)
- CHM312 Organic chemistry II (3 cr.)
- CHM313 Organic Chemistry I Lab (1 cr.)
- CHM314 Organic Chemistry II Lab (1 cr.)
- PHY301 Classical Physics for Life Sciences (3 cr.)
- PHY302 Classical Physics for Life Sciences Lab (1 cr.)
- PHY305 Modern Physics for Life Sciences (3 cr.)
- PHY306 Modern Physics for Life Sciences Lab (1 cr.)
To apply, please download the application form in PDF. Follow the included instructions and fill out this form electronically.
Dates to Remember
- Early Acceptances: To be considered for early acceptances, applications must be received by January 15, 2020. Early acceptances will be issued in February-March 2020. Students who were not selected for early acceptances and still qualify for interview, will be considered for regular acceptances.
- Regular Acceptances: Applications must be received by March 31, 2020. Acceptances will normally be issued over the period of April to June 2020.
Applicants must sit for the MCAT by end of March 2020 and scores should be submitted to the Admissions Office by the first week of May 2020. Applicants taking the exam beyond that date might not be accommodated. Applicants should select LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine as the recipient of the MCAT scores.
Financial Aid Application Deadline
March 31, 2020
Interviews are granted to selected applicants after the School Admissions Committee has reviewed all completed applications and made its recommendations.
Merit scholarships are offered to top-ranking accepted students who applied for early acceptance.
Tuition and Financial Aid (Student Loans)
Students enrolled in a certain academic year will pay the same yearly tuition fee for the four years of medical study.
For any inquiries regarding admissions, kindly contact us:
Telephone: +961 9 547262, Ext: 2133
Fax: +961 9 546560
Winter office hours (September - May): From 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Summer office hours (June -August): From 7:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.