Mission, Educational Objectives, Learning Outcomes
The mission of the Liberal Arts Curriculum is to foster the education of the cultured and civically engaged person, and the formation of students as future leaders.
Students who complete the LAC program will
- Gain cultural breadth.
- Value ethical responsibility.
- Develop analytical/critical thinking and quantitative competence.
- Communicate effectively.
Students will be able to:
- Recognize and value social and cultural diversity.
- Exhibit an appreciation for the arts.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of wellness and health.
- Demonstrate the ability to discern and make ethically based choices.
- Demonstrate the ability for critical thinking.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply analytical reasoning.
- Demonstrate aptitude in written communication.
- Demonstrate aptitude in oral communication.
- Demonstrate information literacy.
Last modified: November 10, 2017