For the class starting Med I in September 2019, graduation with an M.D. is expected in 2023. Admission to the LAU Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine is based on a composite evaluation of the following:
- Competitive overall grade average and GPA score on graduation with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Overall average on a number of the Core Courses in science selected by the Admissions Board of the School of Medicine,
- Competitive scores on the MCAT examination (the MCAT may be taken twice only), and
- Performance on the admission interview.
Required Core Courses in the Sciences
- BIO201 General Biology I (4 cr)
- BIO202 General Biology II (4 cr)
- CHM201 Chemical Principle (3 cr)
- BIO321 Genetics (3 cr)
- BCH301 Biochemistry (4 cr)
- CHM311 Organic Chemistry I (3 cr)
- CHM312 Organic chemistry II (3 cr)
- CHM313 Organic Chemistry I Lab (1 cr)
- CHM314 Organic Chemistry II Lab (1 cr)
- PHY301 Classical Physics for Life Sciences (3)
- PHY302 Classical Physics for Life Sciences Lab (1 cr)
- PHY305 Modern Physics for Life Sciences (3 cr)
- PHY306 Modern Physics for Life Sciences Lab (1 cr)
To apply, please download the application form and follow the instructions included there in.
Dates to Remember
- Early Acceptance: January 15, 2019
- Regular Acceptance: March 29, 2019
MCAT scores: Applicants must sit for the MCAT by end of March 2019 and scores should be submitted to the Admissions Office by the first week of May 2019. Applicants taking the exam beyond that day might not be accommodated. Applicant is to select LAU Gilbert & Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine as the MCAT recipient of scores.
Financial Aid Application Deadline
- March 31, 2019
Class Starting in September 2019
- Orientation Day: (Date to be confirmed)
- First day of classes: (Date to be confirmed)
Please note that the above dates are subject to change.
Appointments for interviews are granted after the School Admissions Committee has reviewed all completed applications and made its recommendations.