The School of Engineering offers five unique bachelor of engineering programs accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, in addition to three graduate engineering programs and two new bachelor of engineering programs in Petroleum Engineering and Mechatronics Engineering. Our programs mesh a liberal art college atmosphere with the academic rigor of a research university, in order to graduate well-rounded engineers who will be the engineering leaders of tomorrow. Our vibrant and dedicated faculty members and state-of-the-art laboratory and computational facilities create a dynamic and stimulating environment for learning.
Mission & Vision
The School of Engineering is guided by the following core values in delivering its mission and pursuing its vision:
- Integrity and Transparency: Through academic freedom and responsibility; ethical behavior; honesty; respect; and shared governance.
- Academic Excellence: Through excellence in teaching; student centeredness; quality of scholarship and research; and innovation, critical thinking, life-long learning, leadership, interpersonal skills, and values that enhance student success as trademarks of our efforts.
- Inclusiveness and Diversity: Through civility and the free exchange of ideas and appreciation for the perspectives of each individual from diverse backgrounds.
- Environmental Stewardship: Through promotion of sustainable resource management and reduction of negative impact on the environment.
- Effective leadership: Through inspiration and motivation, and encouragement of responsible and accountable conduct to ensure attainment of our mission.
- George E. Nasr, Ph.D.
- Raymond Ghajar, Ph.D.
- Barbar Akle, Ph.D.
- Michel Khoury, Ph.D., Chair of Industrial & Mechanical Engineering Department
- Zahi Nakad, Ph.D., Chair of Electrical & Computer Engineering Department
- Caesar Abi Shdid, Ph.D., Chair of Civil Engineering Department
- Jean Chatila, Ph.D., Beirut campus, Engineering Programs Coordinator
- Michel Khoury, Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering Program Coordinator
- Rola Abi Akl, Lead Executive Assistant
- Nicole Bou Farhat, Career and Placement Lead Officer
- Vera Lahoud, Information and Assessment Senior Officer
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Department of Industrial and Mechanical Engineering
The School of Engineering offers Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degrees in:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering *
- Mechatronics Engineering *
Note that the B.E. programs in Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering are all accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
The School of Engineering offers Master of Science (M.S.) degrees in:
- Civil & Environmental Engineering *
- Computer Engineering *
- Industrial Engineering & Engineering Management *
The School of Engineering offers minors in:
* Pending completion of registration formalities with the New York State Education Department.
To contact the Office of the Dean please call, visit or write to:
Ms. Rola Abi Akl
Senior Executive Assistant, Byblos Campus
Phone: Extension 2333
Office: Block A 815
Staff office hours are 8 am- 12.30 pm and 1 pm- 4.30 pm (during the fall and spring semesters).
If you are calling from outside LAU, dial +961 1 786456 and enter the extension when prompted.