The Lebanese American University is an official member of several prestigious higher education international networks, among which the Institute of International Education (IIE), the European Association for International Education (EAIE), and the National Association of Foreign Student Advisors (NAFSA) which link LAU to a network of over a thousand universities worldwide. The Office of International Services (OIS) under SDEM aims at facilitating and supporting international programs with prestigious accredited universities in different regions of the world and to this end, OIS
- initiates communication with international universities and directs their proposals to the concerned school/department,
- works closely with faculty on developing and running student exchange programs,
- promotes international opportunities to LAU students, including exchanges, study abroad, faculty led programs, summer programs, Erasmus grants, and LAU NY offerings,
- advises students on study abroad opportunities available at LAU that match their qualifications, and
- supports incoming and outgoing students through their study abroad experience by administering orientation programs, and providing professional advising on related matters, i.e. visa procedures, housing, registration and transfer of credits processes.