The Clinical Simulation Center (LAU-CSC), inaugurated in August 2013 and located in the Chagoury Health Sciences Center in Byblos, is a is a state-of-the-art innovative center in line with the vision of the Health Sciences Schools of developing a curriculum modeled after the highest quality standards of international medical education. It remains to be the largest clinical simulation center in Lebanon.
The center is designed to support interdisciplinary education at LAU where students from the Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, Alice Ramez Chagoury School of Nursing, and School of Pharmacy come together to exchange and learn about and from each other. These schools are among the first national and regional health sciences schools to integrate into their curricula simulation technology which has become the international standard for medical education, surgical training and professional development. LAU-CSC also serves the needs of the Lebanese American University Medical Center-Rizk Hospital (LAUMC–RH) and acts as a resource to the larger health care community.
The LAU-CSC is certified by American Heart Association International Training Center.
The principal aims of CSC are to
- provide learners with opportunities to develop clinical competencies and confidence in a safe setting,
- provide a setting in which learners engage in interprofessional experiences that foster teamwork and collaboration, and
- serve as a venue to conduct research that will advance health care and health science education.
LAU’s CSC will be recognized as a regionally prominent, accredited, interdisciplinary center that provides high-quality simulation education with the aims of promoting safe and effective patient care and advancing science.
Faculty and Staff
- Vanda Abi Raad, MD, MHPE, Director
- Nadia Asmar, MD, Associate Director
- Nelly Chammas, RN, DHQM, MBA, Senior Coordinator
- Rudy Bahri, RN, MBA, Coordinator
- Rana Akiki, RN, MPH, Simulation Coordinator and Research Assistant
- Emeric Wehbeh, Senior IT Support