School of Engineering
A pillar of the Lebanese American University, the School of Engineering offers five unique and ABET accredited bachelor of engineering programs (Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Mechanical Engineering), three graduate engineering programs and two new bachelor of engineering programs in Petroleum Engineering and Mechatronics Engineering . Our programs mesh a liberal art college atmosphere with the academic rigor of a research university to graduate well rounded engineers that can certainly be the engineering leaders of tomorrow. Our vibrant and dedicated faculty members and state-of-the-art laboratory and computational facilities create a dynamic and stimulating environment for learning.
The School of Engineering is guided by the following core values in delivering its mission and pursuing its vision.
- Integrity and Transparency: Through academic freedom and responsibility; ethical behavior; honesty; respect; and shared governance.
- Academic Excellence: Through excellence in teaching; student centeredness; quality of scholarship and research; and innovation, critical thinking, life-long learning, leadership, interpersonal skills, and values that enhance student success as trademarks of our efforts.
- Inclusiveness and Diversity: Through civility and the free exchange of ideas and appreciation for the perspectives of each individual from diverse backgrounds.
- Environmental Stewardship: Through promotion of sustainable resource management and reduction of negative impact on the environment.
- Effective leadership: Through inspiration and motivation, and encouragement of responsible and accountable conduct to ensure attainment of our mission.
To educate students and provide them with abilities to succeed as engineers and as responsible citizens, and to graduate them with distinctive skills that are sought after in the professional world and graduate schools.
The School of Engineering at LAU aspires to be the top ranked school in the region through excellence in teaching, research and scholarship, and service. Our graduates will be the engineering leaders of tomorrow who can tackle both local and global challenges.
The School of Engineering offers Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degrees in:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering (New)
The School of Engineering offers Master of Science (M.S.) degrees in:
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management
- Professional ProGreen Diploma
- Abi Shdid, Caesar, Ph.D., Interim Chair of Civil Engineering Department
- Akle, Barbar, Ph.D., Assistant Dean
- Chatila, Jean, Ph.D., Beirut Campus Engineering Programs Coordinator
- Ghajar, Raymond, Ph.D., Associate Dean
- Khoury, Michel, Ph.D., Chair of Industrial and Mechanical Engineering Department, Petroleum Engineering Program Coordinator
- Nakad, Zahi, Ph.D., Chair of Electrical & Computer Engineering Department
- Nasr, George E., Ph.D., Dean
- Abi Akl, Rola, Executive Assistant
- Bou Farhat, Nicole, Career and Placement Lead Officer
- Lahoud, Vera, Information and Assessment Lead Officer
Last modified: March 24, 2016